[ao16aprs] RE: [sarex] AO16/LU19/IO26 Renewed TRAKNET Interest

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Schayk A.H. van wrote:

> Oke i'm willing to give it a try.
>
> What do i need to get started, i've got a tnc2 (tf2.7b firmware), a g3ruh
> modem with scc-card, a ts790e and duoband ant and a 70cm 10 element beam.
>
> will this be enough or do i need to invest in more stuf.
>
> 73 de Andre PE1RDW

I am not familiar with all your equipment.  Any station that can receive
the 1200 baud pacsats can do the Gateway function..  This then allows
anyone with the modified TNC to transmit his position.status.

This is a big experiment.  THere are no cook book solutions. We all need
to flesh out our AO-16/LU-19/IO-26 capabilities and then see if we can
make it collectively work for a common good...

bob

---
You are currently subscribed to ao16aprs as: lyris.ao16aprs@tapr.org