[ao16aprs] Re: AO16/LU19/IO26 Renewed TRAKNET Interest

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, dpfister wrote:

> This last weekend I attended the ARRL KS State Convention in Salina, KS. The
> A0-27 demo was one of the 'neat' activities I attended. How would this compare
> to using A0-27?

Uplink power/antenna/radio should be the same.  But you need the
manchester TNC..

> I am going to Jamaica next month for my daughter's wedding. I was wandering
> about taking some kind of APRS with me, this would be about the only way (that I
> know of) to get back into the USA network. With the luggage limits in mind, what
> would I have to take to get to the network? Since I am a tech+ HF is pretty much
> out. A bird in the sky is about all that is left isn't it?

Yes, but it is not usable until we have permanent downlink stations...
but we must begin somewhere...

bob

---
You are currently subscribed to ao16aprs as: lyris.ao16aprs@tapr.org