[ao16aprs] Re: AO16/LU19/IO26 Renewed TRAKNET Interest

TAPR AO-16 APRS Special Interest Group digest wrote:

> Subject: AO16/LU19/IO26 Renewed TRAKNET Interest
> From: Bob Bruninga <bruninga@nadn.navy.mil>
> Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 12:52:01 -0400 (EDT)
>
> With the loss of MIR as the only AX.25 digipeater in space for wilderness
> travelers and off-shore sailors to digipeat their Position/Status, there
> is renewed interest in using the AO-16, LU-19 and IO-26 1200 baud AX.25
> digipeaters for brief UI packet reporting.

This last weekend I attended the ARRL KS State Convention in Salina, KS. The
A0-27 demo was one of the 'neat' activities I attended. How would this compare
to using A0-27?

I am going to Jamaica next month for my daughter's wedding. I was wandering
about taking some kind of APRS with me, this would be about the only way (that I
know of) to get back into the USA network. With the luggage limits in mind, what
would I have to take to get to the network? Since I am a tech+ HF is pretty much
out. A bird in the sky is about all that is left isn't it?

Thanks,
Don

---

[Signature File]
Name=Don Pfister KA0JLF
HABITAT SkyLab
(High Altitude Basic Investigation Testing And Tracking)
Email=dpfister@kc.net
http://www.kc.net/~dpfister

---
You are currently subscribed to ao16aprs as: lyris.ao16aprs@tapr.org