[ao16aprs] Re: 9600 baud birds and ASTARS

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Doug Bade wrote:

> 	Hello Bob and sig. I own a complete leo sat tracking station,  beams,
> rotor, Yaesu ft736 2m/440/6m/220 and KC tuner/tracker ... The problem is
> I lost my Yard ...  but my current house and my upcoming new house it
> is not an option....

You can still contribute.  Remember, that ANY packet captured by anyone
on the downlink and fed into APRServe contributes to the big picture.
You can still set up your station with an invisible 19" whip (3/4
wavelength whip on  435) on your roof over a groundplane and capture
packets for at least 2 passes per day per bird for the central 2 minutes.
This is a great contribution!   AND there is no wear-n-tear on any motors.

If we had enough of these uplooking OMNI stations, then we wouldnt need
anyone wearing out their rotors and motors... :-)

The key to ASTARS is the linking together by the internet APRServe (And
automatic dupe-elimination) which doesn't care where the packet came from.
But then everyone on APRserve sees one copy of every packet received...!

de WB4APR, Bob

ASTARS Concept:  http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/astars.html

---
You are currently subscribed to ao16aprs as: lyris.ao16aprs@tapr.org