[ao16aprs] Re: 1200 baud Birds

	Hello Bob and sig. I own a complete leo sat tracking station,  beams,
rotor, Yaesu ft736 2m/440/6m/220 and KC tuner/tracker which I would gladly
donate to the permanent tracking job. Scheduling control is easy these
days. The problem is I lost my Yard where I could run this station. It is
currently in storage. I am trying to locate a site to reconstruct it here
in Cleveland Ohio area, but my current house and my upcoming new house it
is not an option. Connectivity is a problem at all the remote sites I have
that are available. If someone has some pull here in this area at some
place we can build and get connectivity I am willing to cooperate...

	Any Idea's ?????????????
					73, Doug kb8gvq

At 08:21 AM 1/28/00 -0500, you wrote:
>On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Tate Jackson wrote:
>
>> Are there anymore 1200 baud pacsats.  ao-16 is offline and according to
>> amsats webpage,  most of the other 1200 baud pacsats are offline or soon to
>> be.  Is i worth building a 1200 baud pacsat station?
>
>Well, I been talking about using them for 2 years now. and it works, but
>we seem to only have a small handful of stations and unless there is a
>"mission" or something worth tracking, then we dont have critical mass of
>interest to man up the downlink...  But there are 3 birds on orbit that
>work perfectly fine.  (AO16 is off doing S band stuff.)
>
>But if I had soething I HAD to track cross country or across the oceans,
>or Canada, or ALASKA, then I woiuld certainly use these birds.  But I
>woiuld probably have to man the downlink myself or ask someone else to do
>it during the "event"..
>
>bob
>

>---
>You are currently subscribed to ao16aprs as: doug@clecom.com