[ao16aprs] AO16/LO19/IO26 QSO party?

FOOTBALL tracking via AO16/LO19/IO26

   As a special event to exercise the live UI packet QSO capabilty via the
1200 baud pacsats, we would like to invite everyone to join us on ALL
PASSES of all 3 birds on Friday and Sat 3 and 4 Dec.  THis is when we
annually use APRS to track the 150 mile running of the ARMY/Navy game
football from Annapolis MD to Philadelphia by over 100 midshipmen.

   We will be transmitting our APRS (GPS) positions and will be looking
for others on the birds.  This is not something you throw together
overnight.  But it is a good target date to consider dusting off your old
PSK satellite ground station and joining a live QSO event via these birds.

For those interested in live UI packet QSO's via these 1200 baud Pacsats,
come join our AO16APRS Special Interest Group by sending a subscription to
listserv@tapr.org

For details on this mode of communications via these birds, see:

   http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/traknet.html

The page will be updated as we get closer to the event... (any day
now...:-)

de WB4APR, Bob

---
You are currently subscribed to ao16aprs as: lyris.ao16aprs@tapr.org