[ao16aprs] Re: tnc's for Tracknet

At 08:44 AM 9/24/1999 -0400, kb2wqm@juno.com sent:

>I have an MFJ 1270C, I was getting ready to modify for manchester
>encoding. Looking over the manual it appears it doesn't support GPS. Is
>this true? Anyone using the 1270C have it working with a GPS?

	Well, I have a 1270B, and it wouldn't do GPS mode until I got the latest
PacComm firmware and put in it.  They're TNC-2 clones, BTW, and the PacComm
firmware works great in the 1270B.  I believe the 1270C requires a jumper
mod, but not too difficult at all.

>Otherwise I don't see using it for tracknet, I can return it.  Going to
>call Kantronics today, on moding the KPC-3 non-plus I picked up cheap.
>This should work with a GPS with the upgrade chip.

	Don't count the MFJ out just yet -- you might check on the APRSSIG and see
what folks think.  *I* think the MFJ is very workable...

	7 3
	Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB    mailto:KD5XB@AMSAT.ORG
Clovis, New Mexico	DM84jk N34d 25.446 W103d 12.700 (or so)

Pet peeve: breath is a noun,  breathe is a verb (When you take a breath,
you breathe...)

---
You are currently subscribed to ao16aprs as: lyris.ao16aprs@tapr.org