[ao16aprs] Re: [amsat-bb] APRS TRAKNET Constellation

Talked to PacComm about how to resolve the multiple callsign problem on
the ground. Only two things can be done.

1. transmit three times with the id of each satellite.

2. Use of wild cards in the field, for example....
unproto fm29pe via *sat*,wide,wide

Both of these will require a firmware change. If any changes to the
satellite callsign aren't possible,  number 2 above wouldn't work.
Anyway Making the callsigns the same  might cause interference
problems(if two  or more are within range, I haven't really checked how
much this would happen) and it might not be legal anyway. So maybe a
combination of wild cards and sat callsign change? Can the sats be
programmed to accept wild cards? Or do they now ?  So maybe special
firmware to TX all three id's is the only alternative. I still like my
Palm Pilot, that and a simple terminal program. I have it with me anyway
to track the satellites.

73 Jeff kb2wqm