From: bounce-ao16aprs-10727@lists.tapr.org
[mailto:bounce-ao16aprs-10727@lists.tapr.org]On Behalf Of Bob Bruninga
Sent: Sunday, September 05, 1999 2:09 PM
To: TAPR AO-16 APRS Special Interest Group
Subject: [ao16aprs] Help...

AO16 Siggers

   With todays round-table on AO16,   I am going to post a summary msg on
AMSAT-BB tonight. Pse confirm or tell me whats wrong with these
statements:

1) ANyone running Mac/WinAPRS or APRS+SA can automatically be a gateway
   by just enabling APRServe and dialing up his ISP..  (Thus we may not
   be fully dependent on dedicated peremanent gateways, but anyone at any
   time can do it easliy)...

2) 50w to a mobile whip will work fine

3) Typical TNC's are PSK-1, DSP-12, AEA-2232

Any other TNC's?

By the way, Peter who wrote PSK31 has said that YES, he would be willing
to write a PSK1200 for the AO16/LO19 if someone else can tell him how to
hook it into AX.25.  In otherwords, he can decode the bits from a
soundcard, but needs the AX.25 code...

de, WB4APR, Bob

---
You are currently subscribed to ao16aprs as: atvq@hampubs.com