[ao16aprs] Deviation

THinking low deviation was next to godliness, I began lowering my
deviation on Saturdays passes to try to see if that would help my poor
performance.  At same time I had gone to a turnstyle.  Performance got
worse!

Today I cranked it back up and immediately began having success again.

Hummh.  My deviation is abotu what one would use for terrestrial packet.
I have it now set to just below where you begin to see (hear) a change in
receiver "quality"...  I was sure this was too much when you consider  the
added effect of 3 Khz doppler.  But it appears to be just what I need.

Hummh...  Maybe the satlelite is not exactly on 145.88.  Lets say its
receiver was really on 145.883, that would explain why I always have
better success late in the pass and not early.  THus, it might not be QRM
in central America, but just the effect of dopler and a few KHz off
frequency,.

This is another data point we must thoroughly test.  When we are all
working correctly, someone needs to sweep +/1 5 KHz in 1 KHz steps and
assure ourselves exactly where the center of the uplink channels are.

And sicne each one has its own XTAL, then the results will be on a per
channel basis..

---
You are currently subscribed to ao16aprs as: lyris.ao16aprs@tapr.org