[ao16aprs] Re: satgate ready to go

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Jeff Griffin wrote:

> Bob said,... we might want to chose separate freqs so we are not QRMing
> each other...
> I don't think this matters as the satellite will only process one
> packet at a time , to unproto to the downlink.

Are you sure?  This would not make sense to have 4 separate uplink
receivers if only one couild work at a time.  I thought the whole idea was
to let the 18% channel effeciency of aloha uplinks all add so that the
downlink was better utilized...  Int his case 4 x 18% approaches 80% on
the downlink.

THey could not have designed a better digipeater! (unless You are right
and I am wrong...)  Anyone know for sure?

bob

---
You are currently subscribed to ao16aprs as: lyris.ao16aprs@tapr.org