[ao16aprs] AO16/LO19 pass data

For those of you testing on AO16/LO19, I find a 10 second BText gives
a great consistent set of pass data to characterize your uplink.  Since we
are trying to understand the ability of AO16 and LO19 as mobile
satellites, I would ask that you also use some type of Mobile antenna
design for your UPLINK tests.  THen we can all compare notes.  Here are my
first three passes of good data and I think the graphical display below is
quite useful for seeing what is going on.

The 1st row is elevation angle, 2nd row is satellite and transmissions
(every 10 seconds) and the 3rd row is frequency and digipeated packets.
(dot's are when I was not locked on to the downlink, meaning no data).

TEST:  19" groundplane vertical, 20 watts.

EL: 0            10             20             10              0  S->N
16: ..........**************************************************
90:            X X                            XXXXXXXX

EL: 0         20       40       60       40        20          0  S->N
19: ************************************************************
90:                                          |  XXX  XXX
                                            QSY 88

El: 0             10            25             10              0
19: ************************************************************  N->S
88:                       X XX       XXX    X  X    XXX   XX

I hope to get many more passes to validate the apparent trend, then I will
reduce deviation (to see if that is the problem) and then I will try a
turnstyle horizontal antenna... and other variables.

With no one else on the bird, now is a perfect time for us to measure and
get good statistics on the mobile to satellite geometry using a live
spacecraft!

bob

---
You are currently subscribed to ao16aprs as: lyris.ao16aprs@tapr.org