[ao16aprs] APRS mobile test on AO16

Today I activated an AO-16 uplink of test packets during all East Coast
passes from Maryland.  It is 20 watts into a car roof whip vertical
on 145.94 and has a clear horizon in all directions.

Two tests need to be performed on these 20 second packets:

1) Count successful packets during all passes.  Note success rate for
East, west and overhead passes.  This will benchmark how a vertical will
work to AO16.  I suspect overhead passes will do best.

2) Since FO-20 shares this freq, I need a few people to listen for me
there to make sure the 20w ERP will not QRM the transponder too much...

3) We need someone else to put up a similar test signal from a
Turnstyle so we can get similar statistics for horizontal polarization.
I think horizontal will be better for East and West passes.

Once we get these statistics, then I will reduce power to see what the
minimum ERP requirement is.  Packet path is APRS VIA PACSAT-1,WIDE,WIDE.

Feedback welcome.

de WB4APR, Bob

---
You are currently subscribed to ao16aprs as: lyris.ao16aprs@tapr.org