[ao16aprs] Re: ao16 Pass 15:40z 11-10-99 Quiet?

	Well I feel dumb, I had a bnc un-C in my antenna coax. Heard AO-16 just
fine for several minutes during last pass... Now to set up my psk modem....
BTW Tapr has a copy of the psk manual from their old kit available for ftp,
Steve Bible produced it at my request from an old copy he had. I have one
for the tnc2 family, I will get my station back on the air at my office...
The omni antenna I am playing with is a production antenna in my area. It
looks goofy looking, but claims 3db on vhf, and 6 on uhf, and only 18" tall +_.
It is three whips originating at the feed point and is absolutely flat
1.0:1 (as far as my aea antenna tester can see) at 130-170,and 400-470.....
Made by Niljon antenna's.  I know a dummy load is flat too.... but this has
3 radiating elements and no caps or inductors....It would seem it has to
radiate, and it does seem to do that. preliminary tests are promising..
More later as I get operational..
	73, Doug KB8GVQ

At 12:01 PM 11/10/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Hummh...  SHould be on all passes...  at least a PSK carrier which you can
>hear in your SSB receiver...
>
>Its always on 437.051 +/-...
>
>BOb
>

>---