[ao16aprs] Re: Path Statement

How to set the PATH to Digipeat via the PACSAT's:

Depending on what method you use, the following will work
for digipeating your BTEXT or beacon text setting:

UNPROTO APRS VIA PACSAT-1

The example above applies to AO-16.  For LO-19 and
IO-26 replace PACSAT-1 with LUSAT-1 or ITMSAT-1
respectively.

When I am mobile I use the following path in case there is
a link from a SATGATE to a terrestrial path:

UNPROTO APRS VIA PACSAT-1,WIDE,WIDE

If you are using a TNC that supports the APRS mode of
operation using a GPS, you will need to set the LPATH
much like the UNPROTO path for your location path
beacons.  For example:

LPATH APRS VIA PACSAT-1

This would send your location information to APRS via
PACSAT-1.  I am using the PacComm v5.0 firmware in
an MFJ-1270 and typically use the following LPATH setting
from my Jeep:

LPATH APRS VIA PACSAT-1,WIDE,WIDE

I hope this helps everyone set the path correctly to digipeat
those APRS beacons via the PACSAT's.  Just remember
UNPROTO  is used to set the path for your beacon text or
BTEXT.  LPATH is used to set the path for your location
beacons.

There are other forms of APRS support with other firmware,
but I have only given examples for the PacComm firmware
which may closely match other vendor implementations.

73's and happy APRS packeting,

Tim - N8DEU
Huntsville, Alabama