[ao16aprs] Re: AO16/LO19/IO26 News!

Bob, you have given some rather good and mature warnings about the use of
the satellites in APRS.  They are well taken.  You must have sensed my
concern about the expansion of APRS without some limit.
     I'll be giving a paper at San Diego on a patch antenna that was
designed primarily for mobile satellite use.  It is NOT easy to build but
does the job well for APRS since the pattern of the GPS and Pacsat are
very similar.  We need to spend some time together on many subjects!  For
one, I can not get my MIC-E beta model going come hell or high water.
     I did not get your message via AO-16 but rather I was told that it
was there.  I've been working on a simpler PSK modem when the S53MV modem
was introduced.  It is far from a TAPR PSK modem but might do well enough
for marginal results.  See you there.  I have a room at the convention
hotel and will be meeting primarily with the AMSAT people.  Cliff K7RR

---
You are currently subscribed to ao16aprs as: lyris.ao16aprs@tapr.org