[ao16aprs] Re: PK232 PSK Transmit

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Tim Cunningham wrote about PSK mod to the PK232.

> I have a simple modification working with the TAPR-2 TNC clone
> that I am documenting at the moment.

The reason this works on the TAPR-2 is because there is a D-Flip-Flop in
the schematic that syncs up the clock and data.  The Kantronics for
example does this interenally in the CPU, I think and so the external 1200
hz clock is not synced to the data.  AN external PLL would be required to
do this and it is not worth the trouble.

Steve Bible designed a circuit to do it, but it was many chips.

Thats why I stuck with the simple mod for the TNC-2 clones...

Bob

---
You are currently subscribed to ao16aprs as: lyris.ao16aprs@tapr.org