[ao16aprs] email via pacsat

 Henry Moseley wrote:

 What was the line, character be character, that Jeff, KB2WQM sent to the
satellite?
 test2

--------------------------
Message received by MacAPRS IGate station WU2Z
Located in NO BRUNSWICK, NJ
APRS path = KB2WQM-9>LUSAT-1*>WIDE>WIDE>APP098
tst

--------------------------
Message received by MacAPRS IGate station WU2Z
Located in NO BRUNSWICK, NJ
APRS path = KB2WQM-9>PACSAT-1*>WIDE>WIDE>APP098

It's real simple,all I did was send a message using my PalmPilot and
PocketAPRS addressed to email. the path I used was
pacsat-1,wide,wide, or lusat-1,wide,wide. I sent the message about 20 times,
10 or so made it.  PocketAPRS is great for this as you can, before the pass
pre stack the outgoing messages. When the pass starts tap beachball, then
tap transmit messages. All the messages will be transmitted as one packet. I
sent 3 messages last night that way with a 50 % + success rate. The Cool
thing is that the dup messages don't get emailed. I'm not sure where that
happens, probably at WU2Z. Of course someone has to have the pacgate up when
this is happening. This is easily done with my existing 50 watt mobile ,
Manchester encoding tnc, and standard omni antenna.

73 Jeff kb2wqm

---
You are currently subscribed to ao16aprs as: lyris.ao16aprs@tapr.org