[ao16aprs] More AO16 lessons?

Well, two things from tonights testing... on AO16

1) I abandoned my Turnstyle over the car roof.  It was terrible.  I
thought it should do better than a vertical, based on my understanding of
the geometry of the Microsats..  But my success was less than 10% on GOOD
days..  Going back to the Vert has got me back in the saddle... (still
running 20w).

2) I went to 145.91 and got MUCH BETTER results... almost 100% compared to
my previous 10% yuky success on 90.  THen at the end of the pass, I
thought I would try 145.915 and by golly, it still worked and, get this, I
was seeing DOUBLE digipeats.  This tells me that I was getting into both
the "145.90" and "145.92" receivers at the same time.  (does anyone have
any other explaination?)  If this is so, then the 145.90 is actually at
145.91 and the 145.92 would have to be quite low...

I invite others to confirm or debunk these crazy results.   THe good
news is that I am finally getting in successfully and reliably... on
145.91.  (Then again, my HP SIg Gen could be out of cal?)

The bad news is that I have found LUSAT is best on 145.895, so if that is
true, then the great advantage of these birds all being on "145.900" is
slowly flying out the window...

SOrry for all the drivel here, but there is a lot to learn (or relearn)

bob, WB4APR

---
You are currently subscribed to ao16aprs as: lyris.ao16aprs@tapr.org