[ao16aprs] Re: [amsat-bb] APRS TRAKNET Constellation

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Tim Cunningham wrote:

> After thinking about this some more, the alias of RELAY or
> WIDE would best fit the needs of someone who is using
> a TNC-2 with the Manchester modification.  This would
> eliminate the need to reprogram your TNC when switching
> between normal AFSK for the terrestrial APRS RF network
> and the PACSAT TrakNet mode when switching the output
> to Manchester encoding.

GOod thinking TIM!  I had at first rejected the idea of RELAY, since it
could cause every station on the planet to key up.. but now realize, that
it WONT.  Becuse the first relay will always be used up by the satellite.
Therefore I concur.  I think RELAY is best then, since that is what most
of use have as our first hop mobile?

Bob

---
You are currently subscribed to ao16aprs as: lyris.ao16aprs@tapr.org