[ao16aprs] Pacsat FREQS!

Great news from Tim that the WB4APR $3 TAPR-2 TNC mod worked!  We are
rolling!

The reason I havent gotten around to it is that I am still not happy with
my 20W DSP-12 uplink.  Im still only getting about 10% or less success.
I want to get my PACSAT uplink working 100% before I start experimenting
with the TNC-2.

TODAY, I finally had a clue.  I was still getting NOTHING through LUSAT on
145.90 and decided to try - 5KHz.... BETTER... moved down to 145.89...
BETTER STILL!.  Almost 100%  Thus, my problem appears to be frequency.
Now I need to find out if it is my rig or the satellilte.

I ask all of you while testing to try +/- 5 KHz so we can find out if the
published frequencies have drifted over the 10 years they have been in
space.  Remember, there is +/- 3KHz doppler already.  But I want to find
out where the CENTER of each uplink is now located..

My suspicion is that LUSAT 145.90 is low....

We have 8 channels to test, so there is enough work for all of us...
(Each one has a separate crystal)...

bob

---
You are currently subscribed to ao16aprs as: lyris.ao16aprs@tapr.org