[ao16aprs] Re: Help...

On Mon, Sep 06, 1999 at 09:27:10AM +0200, Schayk A.H. van wrote:
   : I would recoment the linux drivers because the are open source and the use
   : of that code is complete legal.
   : It works in 1200 baud afsk and 9600 fsk.
   : The only drawback for using the linux code is that you have to make youre
   : own code avaleble too.

I wholeheartedly agree.  The Linux soundmodem stuff is great and is
already integrated into the networking of Linux, so a PSK addition
would instantly have a bunch of apps that can use it, relay it,
whatever.  Why re-invent all of that.

I would *love* to see other modes (like 300 baud for HF and PSK) appear
in the Linux soundmodem.  I myself have been looking at the source
a lot, but at the current time I lack the knowledge to write something
up of my own.  I'm learning, though...

David

--
 == David Nesting WL7RO Fastolfe david@fastolfe.net http://fastolfe.net/ ==