[ao16aprs] AO16/LO19 APRS pass data

The following plots show the central 10 minutes of each AO16/19 pass.
I am mostly trying to get the mobile UPLINK figured out.  (My Downlink
tracks doppler fine once the pass starts.  ALl i must do is the antenna).

TEST-1:  19" groundplane vertical, 20 w ERP.  Week of 1 Sept...

AO EL D FR SOUTH end of pass         CENTER of pass          NORTH end
-- -- - -- -------------------------------------------------------------
16 20 E 90 >         X X                                XXXXXXXX
19 60 O 90 >                                      |  XXX  XXX
19 25 E 88 <      XX   XXX    X  X    XXX        XX X
19 10 E 90 <     w   w     w     w    w   w    w     w  w    w  w
16 50 E 90 >       ?  ?    ??        X XX       X XX X       X
19 60 O 88 >          zz z     zXz  z  z       zX   ?z z?   zz ??X  X ?
19 10 W 88 >            X     ?     ??       X?XXX?

TEST-2:  Horizontal Turnstyle.  20W ERP.  Saturday 4 Sept

16 25 E 90 < w      ww 11      11 w   w................................
19 60 O 88 <      9 9  X 55w    wwwXX  ww   9 9   wwwwwww999wwww  999
16 33 W 90 <  JJ         zz      7   Xz7z zXXzzz XXX zzzz7  X..........
19 17 W 88 < J       7JJJ          7       77

Notes: . = not ready on downlink
       X = heard myself (at constant 10 sec rate)
       z = N5ZNL
       w = WB2WQM at 10w
       1 = WB2WQM at  1w
       9 = WB2WQM-9 mobile vertical antenna
       7 = K7MT-10
       J = W9JIU

These plots area always shown with south to the left regardless of the
direction of travel (at night it goes S>N and in day it goes N>S).  THis
is so we can see if Central American QRM has any effect.  By listening to
my own 10 sec uplink on an HT, I can just tick them off on a piece of
paper and also note any other packets I see.  Makes record keeping easy.

My Uplink is 30 feet from my Downlink, so i am not keyboarding with you
others, but I am with you in spirit!  I see your comments..

With no one else on the bird, now is a perfect time for us to measure and
get good statistics on the mobile to satellite uplink geometry using a
live spacecraft!

Everyone please indicate uplink power in ERP, not XMTR power so we can
tell what is going on... Lets also each take one of the UPLINK channels so
we can see any differences too.  Ill take 88 on LO19 and 90 on AO16.
Anyone else operating on 10 sec interval and unattended should also use 90
on 16 so as not to QRM FO20/29.

CONCLUSION: I am very surprised at my poor (almost 0 ) success with the
Horizontal turnstyle. For tonights passes, I will leave it on Horizontal
before giving up.  SUnday, I will go back to vertical.  TOnight I am
depending on you for data.  I cannot see it at home...

I assume each of you shown above is also here on this AO16 SIG?

 bob, WB4APR

---
You are currently subscribed to ao16aprs as: lyris.ao16aprs@tapr.org