[ao16aprs] APRS SatGates

I have updated the following list of methods to use for linking APRS
Satellite position/status/message packets into the worldwide APRServe
system.  I have added the simplest and most obvious as Number 1!

1) Just run regular Mac/WinAPRS/+SA and use your satellite TNC instead of
regular TNC.  All of these programs allow you to dial up your ISP and
automatically link all the packets your station hears into the system!

2) Let the TNC digipeat the packet back to 144.39.  THis assumes you are
using a PSK-1 with a TAPR-2 TNC and you add a jumper on the MODEM header
so that the AFSK modem is still enabled too and connect it to a radio on
144.39.  I doubt this will work with all-in-one modems unless you can
select PSK on downlink and separately select AFSK on the send side
independently????  Anyone know ????

3) If your work QTH (campus) still has "dumb terminal servers" on their
LAN, just "connect to APRServe" and then physically connect the TNC to the
port.  Every packet it hears on the downlink goes into APRServe...

4) Software!  Someone write a program to take monitored packets and then
turn them around and send them out your terrestrial TNC and 144.39 radio.
The ONLY thing required is to insert the "}" at the start of each packet.
THis is the APRS 3rd party protocol.  Trivial to do, but takes a program
to do it.  I wrote such a thing for DOS, but everyone is using WISP...

5) ANy other ideas???

---
You are currently subscribed to ao16aprs as: lyris.ao16aprs@tapr.org