[ao16aprs] any ao16/lo19 traffic being gated?

If Joel sees' his call on aprs.net , someone must have the gateway working,
please let us know what program and setup, etc, is working as a satellite
terrestrial gateway? I'm beating myself up here with WinAPRS.  In the
meanwhile I think I will work with the people at PacComm, on the auto tune
of the downlink. There is an auto tune section in the PacComm PSK manual. I
tried this several years ago with a 726, I will try to set this up with my
847.  If this works it would be great as the  PacComm PSK modem can easily
be added to several different  brand's of TNC's. For this whole concept to
work I feel auto tune has to be operational, there are two good passes in
the middle of the day when  vehicle traffic would be present, but no one
will be around there base stations to tune the downlink. This will have to
be done on autopilot. Keep you posted.

73 Jeff kb2wqm

Tried to use AO-16 for APRS today.  Don't know if I succeeded or not.  Had a
63 deg. pass and had to try it.  Unfortunately, my WinAPRS is currently
shareware and it shutdown in the middle of the pass, by the time I got all
the parameters re-set, the pass was complete (gives quite a good argument
for registration - HI HI).  However, it apparently worked; I could see my
station on ww.aprs.net on the Southeastern USA display.  Am still playing
with the settings.  Am running NOVA for the satellite  tracking and, as I
said, Shareware WinAPRS.  Best I can tell, I just setup NOVA to run a pass
for AO-16 and let WinAPRS do the rest with the TNC and PSK modem.  I am just
here to tune the radio.  Very good signal also from AO-16 up to an S8!  Next
pass is only 13 degrees, but will try again.  In the meantime, if any of you
have any pointers (besides registering the software) I'm all ears...

> 73,
> Joel
> OM:  Joel B. Black, KS4AW          XYL:  Kristie H. Black, KF4CHN
> Eutaw, AL...............EM62bv          kahblack@mindspring.com
> AMSAT member #32589
> jbblack@mindspring.com
> ks4aw@amsat.org